JAMB 2022 Use of Old & New Numbers to Purchase e-PIN
ALERT! ALERT!! ALERT!!! Candidates can send their NIN from any SIM of their choice provided the SIM has not been used by another candidate to register for UTME/DE in the past. This means that Previously Used Phone Numbers for JAMB Registrations can only be re-used by the same Candidate (Not another candidate).
A Previously Used Number is a GSM Telephone Number (SIM) used for Profile Code Creation, e-PIN Vending and Registration in Previous Registration Exercises. This can be used for the 2022 Registration ONLY BY THE SAME CANDIDATE.
SEE: JAMB UTME/DE Registration Form [Nigeria & Foreign Centers].
The Candidate who is using his/her previous number for the second or third time will use the same profile code to purchase the new e-PIN.
If the Profile Code has been forgotten, the candidate can send RESEND to 55019 OR 66019 and he/she would recover the Old Profile Code.
In other words, the Old Profile Code can be used by the same candidate to procure the new e-PIN. No new profile code is required.
However, Candidate cannot change names by using CORRECT on this existing number as this Profile is already tied to the existing number (typically done before Registration).
Candidate can use the command UTMEPIN and DEPIN to retrieve 2022 UTME e-PIN after e-PIN purchase.
Candidate can register at any JAMB CBT Center with existing Profile (e-Mail, Telephone Number, Profile code) which cannot be changed.
Existing Profile or already used number cannot be transferred to another candidate.
- New Numbers will follow the normal pattern of Registration as prescribed and advertised.
- No candidate should proceed to any CBT centre without first creating a profile. Candidate will send his/her National Identification Number (NIN) by text (SMS) to 55019 OR 66019 from his/her personal GSM number. E.g. write the word “NIN” then space and add your 11 digit NIN Number and send to 55019 OR 66019 in this format (NIN 00123456789). There should be a space between the word ‘NIN’ and your 11 digit NIN (Note that the number must not have been used by another person to register for UTME/DE in the past).
- Candidates will be able to send CORRECT to 55019 OR 66019 in case of error before Registration.
- Candidates will be able to retrieve newly generated Profile Code by using RESEND.
- Candidates will be able to Purchase e-PIN from any accredited outlet using newly generated Profile code as usual.
- Candidates will be able to use UTMEPIN and DEPIN after purchase of e-PIN to retrieve lost e-PIN.