Ibadan City Poly ND/HND Post-UTME Screening Form 2022/2023
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into full-time and part-time ND and HND programmes of Ibadan City Polytechnic, Ibadan.
I. HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION INTO IBADAN CITY POLYTECHNIC PROGRAMMES
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) conducts all admissions into the National Diploma (ND) programmes offered by Ibadan City Polytechnic. Usually, a prospective candidate for National Diploma programme applies to JAMB for application form; writes the matriculation examination and on the basis of his/her score in the examination, and other criteria that may be laid down by the proprietor of the institution, the candidate may be offered provisional admission. The final admission of the candidate however, depends on his/her meeting the minimum admission requirements as laid down by NBTE.
II. GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS INTO NATIONAL DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
The minimum entry requirements for the ND Programmes are as follows:
- WASC/SSCE/GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent with credit level passes in five subjects relevant to the programme at not more than two sittings.
- The National Technical Certificate (NTC) or National Business Certificate (NBC) with a credit level passes in five subjects/trades relevant to the programme.
- In addition to 1-2 above, candidates must obtain a satisfactory score in the UTME which is conducted by JAMB.
- Holders of the Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) may be given advanced placement in the ND Programme provided they have also met the minimum entry requirements into the ND programmes and obtained a minimum of credit level grades in the ANTC Examinations.
The Specific Admission Requirements for National Diploma in each department are as follows:
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) PROGRAMMES
- A National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit pass in the discipline obtained from an NBTE accredited programme plus a minimum of one-year Post-ND cognate work experience in the field of specialization.
- Candidate with ND at pass level and a minimum of two years post-ND work experience.
- HND Business Administration and Management
HND Computer Engineering.
HND Electrical Engineering Technology with option in : Electronics and Telecommunication
HND Computer Science
Address: Ibadan City Polytechnic is situated at Kilometre 27 Ido / Eruwa Road, Ibadan.
Campus II of the Polytechnic is at Alakia-Isebo/Iyana Church Road, Ibadan. Campus is 4 kilometers away from the Ibadan Airport.