How to Link NIN to MTN, Glo, Airtel, 9mobile via USSD & Online
We are using this medium to inform all individuals and the general public that they can now link their National Identity Number (NIN) on all Mobile Networks in Nigeria (MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9mobile) using the outlined procedures on their various mobile devices.
Recall that the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) had directed all individuals who are Nigerian Citizens to link get their NIN and link the number to their mobile networks SIM cards, they had also directed all telecommunication operators to block all SIM cards that are not registered or linked with the National Identity Numbers (NIN).
We have decided to publish the procedures and guidelines all indiviuals are expected to follow in-order to successfully link their National Identification Number (NIN) across all Mobile Networks in Nigeria.
NB: For those who are yet to enrol for the NIMC’s NIN, it is important to do so as to meet whatever deadline that is fixed. To get enrolled;
Walk into any NIMC’s offices nationwide or check the pre-enrolment guidelines published here OR
You can also register through other licensed agents.
For those who already gotten their NIN but misplaced it or couldn’t remember the number can easily retrieve it by just dialing the NIN Retrieval code on their mobile phone OR simply visit any NIMC offices near you for assistance.
How to Link your National Identification Number (NIN) to MTN, Airtel, GLO & ETISALAT (9mobile) via USSD Code & Online
a. How to Link NIN to MTN
Mtn users can link their NIN to their line in any of these three ways
- Online registration portal via https://mtnonline.com/nin
- USSD code: Dial *785# or
- Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- Complete the NIN linking form by entering your name, phone number, NIN, and email address.
- Submit the form as soon as you’re done.
- Wait for feedback from the network.
To link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your SIM registration data online, you have to submit your NIN and phone number.
Note that NINs submitted here will be received as unverified, pending validation against the NIMC database. This means you may be required to re-validate this information in person, in the future. Thank you!
b. How to Link NIN to AIRTEL
- Online: Visit the online registration link via www.airtel.com.ng/nin or
- USSD: Dial *121*1# on your Airtel line to submit your NIN
- Type 1 for “NIN Capture” and send.
- Enter your 11-digit NIN and send.
- Wait for the message confirming your submission. If you get an error, just wait for some time and try again.
c. Link NIN to ETISALAT (9mobile)
For 9mobile users;
- Online: Visit 9mobile.com.ng/nin
- Click on ‘Verify and Link your NIN now’
- Fill the required information and submit
- USSD: Dial *200*8# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on 9mobile.
d. Link NIN to GLO
Glo users can adopt any of these methods to link their NIN number;
- USSD: Visit the online registration portal via www.gloworld.com/ng/nin to fill your information and link. Or
- By SMS – type UPDATENIN followed by NIN number followed by Firstname followed by Lastname and send to 109, using the phone number you wish to link (e.g UPDATENIN 12341234123 Amaka Samuel).
- USSD: Dail *109*NIN# to submit and link your National Identification Number (NIN) on Glo.
If you are unable to link your NIN through the above methods, then
- You should simply visit the nearest office of your service provider to submit/link your NIN.
- Go with your NIN and SIM pack
- Alternatively, call the customer care line of your service provider.
The deadline on the ongoing NIN-SIM integration has been extended Till Further Notice for all subscribers with or without the National Identification Number (NIN).