This is to inform all students who will participating in the 2022 West African Senior Schools Certificate Examination (WASSCE) that the 2022 WAEC Practical Specimens for Biology, Agric Science, Chemistry, Physics and Animal Husbandry has been released.
2022 WAEC Practical Specimens | Bio, Chem, Phy , Agric & Animal Husbandry
WAEC 2022 BIOLOGY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN:
- Specimen A – Weevil-damaged bean seed
- Specimen B – Viable bean seed
- Specimen C – Dried maize grain soaked in water overnight
- Specimen D – Soldier termite (dead)
- Specimen E – Honeybee (dead)
- Specimen F – Muddy water (in a test tube)
- Specimen G – Lower jaw of a herbivore with teeth intact
- Specimen H – Head of domestic fowl (complete)
- Specimen J – Quill feather
- Specimen K – Leg of domestic fowl (complete) Specimen L – Head of duck complete)
- Specimen M – Leg of duck (complete)
NOTE: All specimens can be provided as group specimens for five (5) to ten (10) candidates
All specimens in each group must carry individual labels
(eg A, B, C, D, E, F and G in Group I). It is essential that each candidate should be provided with the following materials:
(i) glass jar cover Petri dish;
(ii) white tiles.
(iv) a hand lens/magnifying lens
(v) scalpel/razor blade/knife,
(vi) a pair of forceps
(vii) lodine solution.
WAEC 2022 CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN:
(2) In addition to the fittings and reagents normally found in a chemistry laboratory, the following apparatus and materials will be required by each candidate.
(a) One Burette of 50cm3 of capacity
(b) One pipette, either 20cm3 or 25cm3 (All candidates at one center must use pipettes of the same volume, these should be clean and free from grease).
(c) The usual apparatus for titration
(d) The usual apparatus and reagents for qualitative work including the following with all reagents appropriately labeled:
(i) 10% dilute sodium hydroxide solution
(ii) dilute hydrochloric acid
(iii) dilute trioxonitrate(v) acid
(iv) silver trioxonitrate(v) acid
(v) acidified potassium dichromate solution
(vi) aqueous ammonia
(vii) lime water
(viii) red and blue litmus paper
(ix) dilute tetraoxosulphate(vi)
(x) aqueous barium chloride
(f) Filtration apparatus,
(g) One beaker
(h) One boiling tube
(i) Four test tubes
(j) Starch solution indicator
(k) Glass rod
(l) Wash bottle containing distilled/deionized water,
(m) Burning splint,
(o) Bunsen Burner/source of heat
(3) (a) 150cm3 of iodine solution in a corked flask or bottle labeled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 25.4g of I2 in 6.0g kl per dm3 of solution.
(b) 150cm3 of sodium thiosulphate pentahydrate solution in a corked flask or bottle labeled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 24.82g of Na2S2O3 per dm3 of solution.
(c) One spatulaful of ammonium ferrous sulphate, (NH4)2Fe(SO4)2.6H2O in a specimen bottle labeled ‘Cn’.
This must be the same for all candidates.
WAEC 2022 PHYSICS PRACTICAL SPECIMEN:
- -Metre rule
- -Knife edge
- -A piece of string
- -A weighing balance
- -A weight hanger
- – A set of masses, M = (20g, 40g, 60g, 80g and 100g)
- -Deep transparent vessel filled with water
- -Vernier calipers
- -Standand Masses, m = (2g, 5g and 10g)
- -A piece of string
- -Forceps (To be used to pick masses placed inside the boiling tube)
- -Source of heating
(a) Test tube or boiling tube of the following dimensions:
Length: at least 14cm
External diameter: 2.5cm
The teacher should:
(b) Use starch to fix a strip of graph sheet marked in centimeters inside the boiling tube or test tube. The 0 centimeter mark of the scale should be at the bottom of the tube.
(c) Place sufficient amount of dry sand or lead shot in the test tube or boiling tube to make it just float, when that is done, pour it into a small polythene and seal it. Push the sealed sand or lead shot to the bottom of the tube.
- -2 dry cells(1.5v each) connected in series;
- -Connecting leads should be provided for the battery
- -Ammeter(0 – 2A)
- -Standard resistor, R of resistance 2ohms
- -Connecting wires.
WAEC 2022 AGRIC SCIENCE PRACTICAL SPECIMEN
- Specimen A – Feeding trough
- Specimen B – Burdizzo (real/picture/diagram)
- Specimen C – Neck/collar tag
- Specimen D – Spanner
- Specimen E – Kerosine lamp
- Specimen F – Inorganic fertilizer (superphosphate) (labelled)
- Specimen G – Compost (labelled)
- Specimen H – Farmyard manure (labelled)
- Specimen I – Groundnut seeds (unshelled)
- Specimen J – Cotton lint
- Specimen K – Oil palm fruit
- Specimen L – Rubber latex (labelled)
- Specimen M – Crop (Poultry)
- Specimen N – Gizzard (longitudinal section with its contents)
- Specimen O – Rumen
- Specimen P – Small intestine
- Specimen Q – Liver
WAEC 2022 ANIMAL HUSBANDRY PRACTICAL SPECIMEN:
- Specimen A – Fresh centrosema plant
- Specimen B – Guinea grass (fresh)
- Specimen C – Palm oil (labelled)
- Specimen D – Hoof
- Specimen E – Horn
- Specimen F – Feather
- Specimen G – Common salt (labelled)
- Specimen H – Maize grains
- Specimen I – Powdered milk
- Specimen J: Groundnut cake
- Specimen K – Water (labelled)
- Specimen L – Restraining rope.